Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another hospital stay:(

After taking the kids to Star gym on weds I got a call from the cardio fellow. She was calling to follow up with me about Fox and his next apt with a new pedi for his weight loss. After she agreed 3 weeks was way to long to wait. She said she was gonna consult with his actual card dr. Laheed and see what she felt. Well that's when I got the call despite seeing him on the Monday and not admitting him they changed their minds and felt like he needed to be admitted that day! After telling them I wasn't on board since we haven't tried anything at home yet. His card nurse Susan was the one who convinced me to take my sweet boy in. We are home now but while in hospital he lost 100 g ( that's 4oz ) they tried him put on milk based high kal formula. He is normally on soy based. Anyways he took 4 oz and was then puking and screaming bloody murder. He screamed in pain for over 2 hours we tried a heat pad and eventually had to give him some pain meds. I felt like I failed him:( I knew this would happen ( not to that extend ) but they talked me in to it and said he probobally doesn't have a really allergy.....WRONG he does in deed have one. In fact now they are saying its severe enough that he shouldn't he on anything but hypohallogenic formula. Not that I'm complaining but this kids is the most expensive kid ever;) so in short the Doctor doesn't know what's going on with him yet but doesn't want to do extensive testing if he just needs more cals. So she came up with a number of 40 oz . That's a lot. I'm hoping this works but as I'm feeding him this at home I can already telling its not sustainable. He eats all the time to get 40 in 24 hr so he's not always hungry. I dont understand why not fortified feeds yet. Ugh frustrated. I'm taking Fox in on thursday to see her for a weigh in. There is NO WAY he's lost weight eating this much... I can't wait to see how much he weighs.... It's killing me. FINGERS CROSSED!
Oh a happy note we still had s great Easter. The "Easter bunny" brought Tripp and Everly Rose a place house along with the tradition goodies.
I love my Family:)
Oh and I must mention how awesome my Mom is for ALWAYS dropping her life everytime FOX is in the hospital to help with the kids while Brandon's working and I'm with Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment