Monday, March 26, 2012

long over due

I kinda bailed on blogging, I could blame it on having 3 kids 2.5 and under being busy and I have no time to myself...but that's not really true. I've  just not in mood because Fox's health is so up and down.
First off I want to say that being a mom of 3 is amazing! Tripp and Everly-Rose and the best older siblings and we fill are days with outings, crafts, gym time, and baking/cooking. Tripp still calls Fox "Boo Boo" due to his scar on his chest. He does say Fox.. but it sounds exactly like F*$%, so I'm not really pushing that ;)
I'm not going to go into grave detail in about the last few months because that would be the longest blog ever. In short Fox has been in and out of the hospital since being home. He had his genetic testing done for Cystic Fibrosis (since he tested positive in the newborn screening for possibly having it) and he doesn't. Major relief!
He has gone from sleeping 36 hrs straight to having seizures and endless amounts of testing. Just when we got all that sorted, he is peeing buckets! and lost almost 1/2 a kilo in 4 days (4 weeks ago) and has since gained none of it back. I don't want to point anyone out so I'll just say. I'm feeling like Fox is being Bounced from Doc to Doc. The Cardio is very concerned, about the weight loss issue and says it needs to be handled by the pedi. But the Pedi think it should be handled by the card. See..? it's like they are playing a game of ping pong with my sons health. I don't care who gets the ball rolling but for F sake its be 4 weeks with NO weight gain. I'm not waiting around any longer and watching him lose weight. What kind of mother would I be? I'm taking all 3 kids to the pedi tomorrow and I'm putting my foot down. Wish me luck?
Being a Mom of 2 healthy children, I feel so blessed. I feel so blessed that Fox is with us and 4 months old now. Now my goal is to get him healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my it seems like all we do is fight for our kids health.I really hope they get to the bottom of all of his weight issues.
    Keep up the good work moma.
    Take care.We see the Immuno on Wed so I will update after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely you want to make sure Fox is on the right path to good health and your doctors need to chart that path for you, so yes go for it and see what transpires. We all want Fox to thrive and be healthy! Great blog :) xo

    ReplyDelete