Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's real

Well it's official my second son will be born Nov 16 @ 9 am!
I'm on the train heading back home as and I still feel overwhelmed tons of info that I'm still processing. 8 hours of appointments, and I still couldnt meet everyone I apparently need to so I'm going back in six weeks.... Ugh
My sweet baby boy will have his open heart surgery at around 5 days old. And a Medicine called prostoglandins will be given to him in an iv (these drugs will keep him alive until he is ready for surgery) He also might need a surgery a day after birth to help the mixing of the blood until his open heart surgery. He is going to be transferred to sick kids after birth and daddy will go with him while I'm stuck at the other hospital, that's going to be tough they said they will bring me over to see him the next day.... I hate that he's mine and we need each other but it's because I have to have a csection.
Everyone at sick kids was so nice and my mum and I got a tour of the areas we will be in. I got to be honest I found it tougher than I thought seeing thoses other sick heart babies and parents half asleep in the waiting room waiting to hear how their baby was doing was close to unbareable. But you can really see the amazing care that theses babies/ kids and their families recieve and that's very comforting. Anyways there was so much information but that's the main stuff. He looks otherwise healthy so that's great!

2 comments:

  1. Although it's not quite the same, Brandon and I were separated too right away because he had to go the NICU for 4 days, I couldn't have him in my room. It is difficult! I am so glad to hear that Baby Boy is looking healthy, so amazing. Rest assured that there will be other parents that will be going through the same thing, not perfect, but perhaps a bit comforting. Loved spending time with Tripp and Everly-Rose, they are such good babies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very overwhelming Nikki but you did great. I remember that you could not have Tripp in your room for 4 days and how hard that was for you but seeing the hospital and the great people they have working there was nice. It will be hard being in a different hospital than your baby but it was also nice to know they will take you over to see him.
    Love you so much sweetie, call me anytime and Daddy will love to go with you to your next appointment.

    ReplyDelete