Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chest is closed!

Yesterday was attempted number 2 at closing baby Fox's chest it was a success for the most part and I couldn't be more relieved! With the first attempt being Sunday and that being a totally disater I was incredibly nervous to have them attempt again so soon after he crashed. However he has to have his chest closed to get home.. I mean I don't think his future classmates would take to kindly to seeing his heart all out there like that ;) bring a whole new meaning to wearing your heart on your sleeve.


He looks so much more comfortable with his chest closed.. It was open for 7 days, a lot longer than ever expected but Fox has a complex coronary atatomy. Of course right? poor man. So while his chest is now closed there seems to be another mystery to unravel .... so that means we aren't going home anytime soon. His Sats are in the 80's and that's not ideal usually even when they "fix" a heart the sats will be above 95 % His little feet and hands sometimes look at little blue because the heart is shunting and mixing blood in places it shouldn't. They are giving him a couple more days to see if it fixes it's self however if it doesn't they will have to do something more invasive and that could mean more open heart surgery. Although if all of his other numbers are good (some of his blood work is still a little wonky) then they would hopefully wait til he was older. He is still on the ventilator and of course I am dying for them to take him off of it. I'm hoping that they slowly start weening him off in the next few days and that his little body tolerates it and his sats don't go more down.
 At least we are making progress slow and ready that's good enough for me. How ever long Foxy needs I will be here waiting for him to come home with me and join our family so we can become a new family of 5.
Every day all day I just sit with him, I can't wait til he is awake and I can interact with him.
I have never been more emotional or tired in my entire life, I can't imagine how he feels. I keep telling him life is so much more that the intesive care unit. What brings some peace is knowing that he won't remeber any of this, for me of course I will always remeber but I would never want to forget about how my son fought for his life. As tough as it is this is the only way that I can bring my sweet love home with me.
He really amazes me every minute of every day. I know Tripp and Everly-Rose are just gonna be the greatest big brother and big sister ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment